The Finance & Accounting Department's primary role is to advise the Board of Commissioners and the County Administrator on the financial status of the County. This department also manages the fiscal transactions of the county government on behalf of the commissioners and its taxpayers.
Other responsibilities of the Finance & Accounting Department include:
- Maintaining the County's financial records
- Work with the County's external auditors as they audit the financial records of the County each year
- Preparation and distribution of financial reports
- Development of internal control measures
- Development of the County's annual budget
- Manages the budget throughout the year
- Management of automated financial systems
- Timely and accurate payment of vendors
- Fixed asset management
- Bank statements reconciliation
The County's fiscal year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30.
Colquitt County Courthouse Annex
101 East Central Avenue, Rm 206
Moultrie, GA 31768
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:oo p.m.
Closed on major holidays
P.O. Box 517
Moultrie, GA 31776-0517