Charles "Chas" Cannon
Room 261-A, 101 East Central Avenue
Moultrie, GA 31768
P.O. Box 517
Moultrie, GA 31776-0517
Phone: (229) 616-7404
The County Administrator is the chief executive officer of the county and head of the administrative branch of the county government. The County Administrator is responsible to the board for the proper and efficient administration of all affairs of the Colquitt County Government. The County Administrator performs these responsibilities through the various department heads and administrative personnel, who report directly to the County Administrator.
Duties of the County Administrator:
- To appoint and remove all officers and employees except the county physician and county attorney.
- To see that all rules and regulations adopted by the board are enforced.
- To exercise control over all departments of the county which the board has heretofore exercised or that may hereafter be created.
- To prepare and submit an annual budget to the board.
- To strive for efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation in the delivery and funding of services.